Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Update

Things are awfully hectic around here. I'm thankful for internet shopping and the fact that Tdub enjoys taking care of all of it! He is so good at keeping up with what each boy wants/likes/prefers and is relentless about searching until he finds just the right things at the best possible prices.

Our children's Christmas musical is this weekend at church. We had a crew begin working on the set last Sunday evening and I'm the coordinator of the painting part of that effort. The setting is a Christmas tree lot which means the color imbedded under my fingernails is green.

This year we're doing a multi-generational play which means Tdub actually has a part. He's playing "straight man" (no pun intended! ha!) against a bunch of hokey, goofy, country type characters. It will be cute.

Son #1 is transferring to a school back in Texas for the Spring semester. He has only 2 more weeks in California. He says he's glad he gave it a shot out there but just can't stand being so far from home. I'm proud of him and don't have the heart to make him stick it out the full year even though that's what I'd originally intended to do.

School is fine. I almost killed myself last week getting close to 100 artworks mounted and tagged to enter in the Fort Worth Stock Show art contest. Hopefully, we'll get a call by the end of next week and know if we have any winners or if our school managed to win the team competition again. I'm hoping for the best and will try not to be too devastated if we don't win again. I liked winning way too much! :)

A quote worth thinking about from Oswald Chambers:

"I cannot save and sanctify myself; I cannot make atonement for sin; I cannot redeem the world; I cannot right what is wrong, purify what is impure, or make holy what is unholy. That is all the sovereign work of God."

No comments: