Thursday, October 20, 2005

Student Teacher

I got a student teacher on Monday and it's KILLIN' me! She's really sweet, very helpful, eager to learn, and I think she's going to do a fine job, it's not that. But having someone constantly in my room with NO down time between classes or even during my conference just doesn't go with my personality type. I NEED some reflection/alone time. As it is now, every spare minute there's SOMEONE THERE...asking questions or needing advice. I'm not mean to her. Don't worry. :) That's part of the problem as well...I'm so accommodating to helping her and trying to do a good job as her mentor, that I'm just wearing myself down with it.

There's gotta be a balance. I've had student teachers many times before and each time I swear I won't do it again. I've had some great ones. But I'm so selfish with my time. Of course, I always somehow end up taking on another one so I don't know what I'm talking about.

I don't blog from school, can't and wouldn't even if I could, but not having reflection time is affecting my ability to synthesize thoughts and write them down. I hate it.

Oh well.

grace

No comments: