Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Coming Home

He's coming home! Pepperdine boy will be here next weekend! I'm excited, even though I think it's a bit stupid the way it's worked out for him to get to do this. He's getting this flight practically free.

It seems there's this girl. I hate the sound of that. But....anyway.....he swears she's just a friend but admits that he knows she has a crush on him. She's still in high school and her daddy is a pilot. She's convinced dad to let him(our son) use one of their free airline passes and he's getting it on the condition that he take the girl to the homecoming football game. Is that not just ridiculous?

Of course he doesn't care. He just wants the free pass home. He's really missing his friends and looking forward to having a big tall glass of sweet tea which apparently you can't get in California. I'm feeling confident that he's been gone long enough that he's "hooked" on being in college out there. I wouldn't have wanted him to come home too soon.

I can't wait to see him. I'm all ready scheming as to how I can get him to go and get his hair cut while he's here. :) Hey, a mom can dream.

grace

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scheming to get your son's hair cut. I don't know what to say about that... haha...

But to him, I'd say, "There's no such thing as 'Just a friend' girls who get you flown from California to Texas". Those types of girls are what we call "Hopeful".

grace said...

Emery,
You are so right about that! The girl, not the hair...hehe...
Anyway, I am planning on sneaking that obvervation in to him at some point....you have to be so "choosy" dealing with these 18yr.olds if you actually expect them to HEAR you and take what you say to heart. But, very good point!