Thursday, September 01, 2005

And then there's this...

Just finished that last post on what I love about boys...and no sooner had I finished than I received this text message on my phone from my husband and boys, who by some freaky luck on their part recieved a company executive's 50 yard line tickets and VIP parking to a Dallas Cowboys preseason televised game tonight....

Boys on tv...i knew they'd spot 'em! we're too close and they are so cute..haha...ly...having fun..you'd hate it..it's sweltering and smelly:)

I really just love it that all my boys can go have smelly and sweltering fun and I don't have to feel the least bit guilty about not having been a part of it.

grace

1 comment:

grace said...

Cole,
It makes me so happy to hear you ask that question....my closest gay friend has asked me the very same thing....and I will say to you exactly what I said to him....and hope that you could imagine the love and sincerity that my gay friend saw in me when I answered. My very first response to my son would be....I love you! I love you now as I have always loved you and will continue to love you and SUPPORT you until the moment I draw my last breath!!! I will never ever refuse any of my children (or my friends for that matter) from my home, my table, my embrace...from any good thing that I have to offer. I can even go so far as to say that if one of my sons revealed that he was gay...my first "inquistion" would not be along the lines of when or how this happened, but....who are you involved with and can I meet this person? The very LAST thing I would ever do is anything that would in any way dissolve the relationship I have with my son.

Thanks for commenting!!!

p.s. I'm really imagining this all as a more adult-child conversation....I probably need to add that if one of my sons came to me as an adolescent with this knowledge I would have the same initial reaction(i love you) but would probably schedule some visits with our family therpist (which would not freak them out since they know about him) to further discuss the issue.

BOTTOM LINE...I can't imagine not loving and accepting one of my children even IF I don't agree with the particulars of their lifestyle.
VERY BOTTOM LINE...when it comes down to it, we each answer for our own lives indvidually