Friday, February 17, 2006

Family Visit

My parents are on their way to visit. We're happy but, as always, a bit apprehensive. If you've read ALL of my blog you know that relations between my parents and I (specifically my mother...who controls everything) have been strained to put it mildly, for the past several years. Things are finally taking a turn for the better, it seems.

They are coming to watch the little guys play in some of their last games of the season (YIPPEEEEE!!) this weekend. They'll be spending one night (not here, shudder the thought) and heading back tomorrow afternoon. Thank you Lord for Holiday Inn Express! Our purchase of this 120 yr. old house was one of the several things that they took issue with when we married. The thought of them being here for more than a few hours at a stretch frightens both Tdub and I, not to mention #4 who is also acutely aware of the critical eye Grandma and Grandpa have for things broken or not quite level. We're all hoping the squirrels in the attic curl up in a big ball and fall asleep. Sometimes it sounds like they're playing little squirrel polo up there. I'd swear it was the hoof beats of a herd of little polo ponies running from one end of the ceiling to the other. Basically, they'll be here less than 24 hrs and probably in the house for now more than a few hours at a stretch.

Pray is goes well.

grace



View Current Blog

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're all hoping the squirrels in the attic curl up in a big ball and fall asleep.

I know it was meant to be funny but I got the cutest little visual when I read that. Good luck with the visit, and please keep things in perspective. You are doing the most important work in the world - raising your wonderful kids. This other is just a side issue - have a scotch (if you partake) or better yet, give the inlaws one and don't sweat it.

David
aka ReasonAble

grace said...

Hi David! My favorite visual is the squirrels on their little ponies. :) Glad you were able to enjoy one as well. Remarkably, an answer to prayer no doubt, the squirrels DID stay quiet until after my parents were on the road back home.
grace