Sunday, January 15, 2006

Youth Group

Our house is full of teenagers as I write. I can hear them in the other room; laughing, talking, one-upping each other....it's great.

Typically they have devos on Sunday nights but our youth minister is out of town this weekend. Tomorrow is a holiday for them and about 8 of them bombarded Tdub and I after Bible class this morning wanting to know why there was no devo tonight. (We often take his place and do the devos when he's gone.) We told them we had no idea and they just stood there....as if we were supposed to keep talking. Finally, Tdub said something like, "Do ya'll WANT to have a devo tonight?" That's all it took. They all chorused..."yeah, let's have it at ya'lls house!" This had obviously been pre-planned during their Bible class.

And so....a full crock pot of queso, two large bags of chips, 50 taquitos, many liters of soft drink and a tub of cookie dough later...here we are. Just hangin' out and enjoying their company. Except that I'm in here writing this. ;) Better get back to it.

grace




View Current Blog

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that really really unhealty snacks are the key to any successful youth event! Good Job!!! The tub of cookie dough is making me hungry. mmmm...

Anonymous said...

I got some cookies! I am complete...

grace said...

Well good for you! Unfortunately....as it's the next morning now...i feel like i'm having a queso/cookie/taquito hangover! yuck! Back to the healthy stuff today!!

grace

Anonymous said...

"crock pot of queso"

my favorite. If I only owned a crock pot...

grace said...

Randy and Ben:

I wish you both could come to ALL our devos and youth functions! It's by far, one of the most motivating (and spirited) reasons we remain connected to a church that doesn't exactly suit our style in other ways like worship and women's roles in the church. And the food ALWAYS rocks when I'm in charge of it!!! :)

We gotta get Ben a crock pot...just one of those mini ones should do fine. :)

grace

Anonymous said...

TRU DAT on the "her food always ROCKS" comment.

the boys and i have forgotten that i actually once knew how to cook. but HECK: WHY BOTHER?!!!

man i eat SOOOOOOO well! :D

yeah, you guys should definitely come down & try the queso...!!! :D