Thursday, August 11, 2005

UGH

I don't feel like being Christlike today. In fact, it's worse than that. I want to be very UN-Christlike.

First day back at school for teachers....and we have a new principal. And he's so thrilled and happy to be a new principal and he's making stupid rules and stifling my naturally free-spirited and creative nature that God BLESSED me with!!! He just doesn't seem to get that.

It's unusual for me to become defiant and spiteful. I'm truly just not made that way. But this guy really pushed my defiant and spiteful buttons today. I only have one of each and boy did he push them!

I just can not understand making broad sweeping changes and treating everyone like they are slackers instead of just dealing with the individual slackers.

Oh well. Think on these things......my kids are healthy, my husband loves me, takes time to communicate with me, and is attracted to me, I haven't had to remind anyone to feed or water the dog in over 3 weeks (which is actually sort of scary), and I get to be gone from school for an entire week very soon to take my oldest to college in Malibu (woo hoo!). And many more good things to think on if I put my mind to it.

This too shall pass. I've seen plenty of them come and go. And we (me and all my cohorts) just go right on teaching and loving kids.

grace

No comments: