Monday, August 15, 2005

Reality

I'm snapping back into reality regarding the situation with the new guy in charge at school. The fact of the matter is....none of it makes one bit of difference in the grand scheme of things. The grand scheme being, I continue to do my best to be the very best teacher I can be....every day....full on...."head down and power through". (been watching DVD's of arrested develpment this summer)

One of the great things about being the parent of an adult-aged child is that when you find yourself in situations like this, you can imagine the advice you'd give them if they were in a similar situation. I'm pretty sure I'd tell my son to cut the whining and continue to do his best regardless of what was going on or what new rules were made. I'd tell him to be gracious and kind and to try things out the new way to the best of his ability without complaining. I'd tell him to give it some time and see what happens before he jumps to harsh conclusions or drastic steps of action.

That's what I'd tell him. And now I've been told.

grace

No comments: