Tuesday, August 16, 2005

My Oldest Son

My oldest, the one I am about to deliver off to college, is at sea, on a cruise, with his Dad and a few friends. They will be back here on Thursday, and then we will fly out on Sunday for LA/Malibu to deliver him to college.

I have been the coolest, most calm, collected, reasoning straightforward individual you could imagine about this........and I'm trying to remain so......

but it will be difficult....no....it will be HARD.....
I am going to want to call him and check on him and call him and check on him....horrendously....
I am beginning to feel this.......I've reasoned before that I could let it go....

I am beginning to understand the difficulty of those people who are opposite from me....those who need control and need to know what's going on....I must fight that urge.....

I still have a few days....I must fight that...

I do NOT need to call him....I do NOT need to remind him of things just because I know of them....I NEED TO LET HIM take care of dates, times, deadlines......

this is what I must do...

No comments: