Thursday, April 12, 2007

Random Thinking Blogs

Jay awarded me The Thinking Blog Award. Thanks Jay!

I'm supposed to pass on some sites that make me think, so I'm going to take this opportunity to share a few sites I enjoy. These sites make me laugh which means they activate humorous thoughts. So, yeah, they make me think. And they're just fun to read.

Geese Aplenty
I don't know who this guy is, but he posts about once a week and I think he's hilarious.

dooce
Very sweet stories, sometimes a bit loose with her language, and super funny.

How Not-to Guide to Parenting and Marriage
This guy hardly ever posts anymore, but every time he does, I love it.

Things are going well here. Next week will be the beginning of our last six weeks of school. I haven't heard anything yet in regards to prospects for a teaching job in Oklahoma, but it's early yet for schools to be hiring for next year. I will travel to OKC next weekend to take the OK state certification test for high school journalism. I've been studying. My current Texas certifications will transfer with some necessary paperwork turned in for approval with the state board there.
I'm VERY MUCH looking forward to making a fresh start in a new place. There's no way to move forward here. For example, every time I go to Walmart or a grocery store I see at LEAST two people I've not seen in a while. They give me hugs and want to know how everyone is doing. It's wonderful to have so much love and support in the community, but I can't move forward as long as I have to keep catching everyone up.

Hope all is well with all of you!

love and grace,
pam


View Current Blog

2 comments:

Christine Bakke said...

For example, every time I go to Walmart or a grocery store I see at LEAST two people I've not seen in a while. They give me hugs and want to know how everyone is doing. It's wonderful to have so much love and support in the community, but I can't move forward as long as I have to keep catching everyone up.

That makes total sense to me...Especially since I know where you live! ;) The WalMart and Kroger are the happenest places around them parts.

Seriously though...I do think I probably understand. I think you said something too in a post where I wrote that I was just tired of trying to explain everything to anyone all the time. Sometimes I just want to live my life. Which sounds like you need to do.

All the best to you on the job thing...hugs to you

Carole Turner said...

Something your readers may find interesting...

http://www.windycitymediagroup.com/gay/lesbian/news/ARTICLE.php?AID=13858