Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Boys are Back in Town

A long time ago, in a land far far away, being greeted by this scene as I entered my kitchen bright and early in the morning would have put me in a disgusted, feeling-put-upon frump for the better part of the day.

Followed by this,

and I'd have flown into sort of mini-rage which included stomping up stairs, throwing off covers, and coming as close as possible to cursing without actually doing so.

For your added viewing pleasure, a few close-up shots.


Hey, at least the lid is back on the bean-dip, right?

Yes, the boys are back in town. I met Tdub (and his new partner) yesterday at the half-way point between here and there so that Zach and Hayden could spend spring break with me and Drew. Daniel's college spring break was last week, which spoiled the opportunity for a full-on, 4-boy reunion.

It's funny how your perspective can so completely change your reactions and sentiment about something. While the scene which greeted me this morning is still unacceptable, in the grand scheme of things, it's just not that big of a deal. I miss them, and all of this, is part of THEM. I'm still going make them clean it all up, but I'm not mad about it. In fact, while taking these pictures, I had a great idea for a book. All kids love these I Spy books and Walter Wick does an incredible job at setting up imaginary lands using all sorts of common and uncommon items from a variety of environments. The next great idea for one of these books has got to be a sort of "morning after" series. I'd never have set up a thing. Just arrive at various homes on the morning after more than one boy has had the run of the house, and bam, it's a pre-made I Spy book. Granted, some of them might not be fit for young eyes (take note that the DVD in the floor in my picture is The Bee Movie and not South Park), but even the older kids are fascinated with these sorts of books. After the boy version takes off, I could publish a girl's version. As to the co-ed version, I'd just rather not go there. I think I'm on to something here.

I'll get back to my theological rambling later. I just had to share this along with my joy at having most of the boys here with me for the week. There's ALOT more I could say (notice how I blazed right past the part about meeting Tdub and his partner), but for now I'm leaving it at this.

love and grace,
pam


View Current Blog

5 comments:

Mark Hufford said...

Enjoy your time with the boys Pam! I am glad they are spending the break with you. My what a mess they can leave....boys will be boys!

I spent the weekend planting seedlings I have had growing for months now, only to have Klaus bite every top off the tomatoes, cucumbers, herbs and flowers! Wish I could have made him clean up the mess, but all I could do is laugh when I saw the cute pup looking up at me with his dark soil covered white face!
Boys will be boys no matter what age.

And for the record, you handled the previous post comments with "Grace" and dignity!

grace said...

Thanks Mark! Bunches. :)

Anonymous said...

First off, thanks for getting that song in my head (The Boys Are Back in Town)....not!
Second, just had daughter number two's 3 friends over for a sleepover and I could do the girl version of I Spy. It would be a kitchen version. They cooked who knows what and the aftermath would have made a good page (or two) in I Spy.
Have a good one.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha. Saw the pictures. Have vaccum, will travel.

grace said...

be careful posting as anonymous! lol

hope you guys are having fun.