Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The Wayward Son

I'm not doing very well this week. It's great to be off work....able to rest and relax, and yet, I've found that rest and relaxation were not really what God had in mind for me. I'm writing this post in much grief and with great anguish.

Son #1, the 18 yr.old, is struggling. I don't even know how to tell about it or if I even should. I doubt that I've done anything helpful for him at all, and yet I know that is the enemy's attempt to drag me into a pit so that I will wallow in self-pity....which is just pride wrapped up in grief. If I've learned anything in the past 6 years, it is this.....do not allow the enemy the stronghold of doubt and self-pity.

And so, in writing this out, I've discovered how to ask you to pray for me. Pray that I will remain strong in my faith, and unflinching in my belief that Jesus is LORD. And pray that I will be so keyed-in to the Holy Spirit, that I will not waste any opportunity to do or say what needs to be said or done as things progress.

He (my son) belongs to Christ already. He just doesn't recognize his worth in God's kingdom or his value as a child of God. If he did, he'd not be struggling now as he is. He's not been raised in the most nuclear of family situations. (duh!) And yet, his experiences and trials are going to serve him well once he does take up residence in the Kingdom of which he's a citizen.

My prayer is that this time will come sooner than later. I don't doubt for a moment that it will come.

grace





View Current Blog

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't need to know details to be able to pray about it... so I'll be talking to God on behalf of #1 and you too, dear Grace. You wouldn't be twisted inside about this if you didn't care so much... on such a deep level. I really love that about you...