Monday, April 24, 2006

We Can't Do Everything

One thing I hope my boys are able to learn, that I'm still learning, is that you can't do everything. Tdub and I tend to overextend ourselves much of the time because there are many things we like doing and want done well, and because we still have difficulty saying no to things. Most of the things we do are things we really WANT to do. The past two weekends have been FULL of STUFF. Next weekend we are going to help my parents make a move. In between all that we have baseball games and now (again) basketball games. I did manage to get my Sunday nap yesterday but that was because we skipped a family event that was going on at our church.

For the first time since we've been married Tdub actually said the words out loud, "We can't do everything." This was literally like music to my ears. This is progress.

In other news, it looks like I'm going to be making the move to the middle school where #3 and #4 will be going next year. Yippee! I'm excited. I'll be giving up my art gig for a go at teaching 7th grade English/Writing. One of the perks I enjoy in teaching is the flexibility it provides. I've been able to move around and try different things. I thrive on changes and fresh challenges.

Not much else to report at the moment. Hope all is well with all of you! :)

grace

View Current Blog

No comments: