Monday, July 18, 2005

Beginning

It's gotten to the point that I can't count the number of times it's been suggested to me to start my own blog. And so....here we go. There's alot of crap in my life. And alot of good. More GRACE than anything else, I can assure you. I'm not sure what will be accomplished by doing this and it feels stupid to self publish like this as some form of therapy or whatever. I mean, it's seems like that's what most people do with these things. Push their thoughts out there to 1) get them out of themselves 2) let the whole world read it should they choose. That's the part that seems odd to me. And yet, it does somehow validate the thoughts....the fact that someone else might actually read them and relate to them in some way. There's still something about it that smacks of Judge Judy or that other sort of show....what is it....uh.....oh yeah....Maury Povich. I think that sort of airing of your family secrets or personal disputes is just plain tacky. It shows how low we've bottomed to as a society that those things even exist. But then, they watched galdiators kill each other and lions eating Christians for entertainment way back when so I guess we're actually at least maintaining the status quo. We watch people slash and kill each other verbally/emotionally and they watched a physical version of it.

We're all rotten to the core. :) I'm obviously on a bit of a downside in life right now....hence, taking the time to even do this. I'll swing back around eventually and maybe talk about some of the crap in a more positive light.

Right now, I'm sustained for a little longer by these thoughts from C.S. Lewis.

"Being in love is not merely a feeling. It is a deep unity, maintained by the will and deliberately strenthened by habit; reinforced by (in Christian marriages) the grace which both partners ask, and receive from God. They can have this love for each other even at those moments when they do not like each other."

grace

View Current Blog

No comments: