Monday, August 01, 2005

Teenagers

This week promises to be a busy one.

I'm going to a kid's camp every afternoon and taking the group of teens down to do dramas for them. It's one of those things I do every summer and keep saying each time that this is my last time. It just comes at a bad time for me personally. I'd much rather be enjoying the last week of being completely free from school obligations than doing this. And yet, every year I end up being glad I've done it. The thing that redeems it for me are the relationships I get to build with the teens I take down there. It's not a big deal, really, and yet, I GET to spend time with them and become just a tiny bit more vested in their lives because of this week. This year, I have an almost entirely new crew. Teenagers are an exciting group. Totally self-absorbed for the most part, but with flashes of insight and brilliance that are worth waiting for. They allow me the opportunity to practice several fruits of the spirit while I'm working with them. (ha!) And they're just plain funny most of the time. I wish more people (at church) would take the time to spend some time wtih them. They have no idea what they're missing.

grace

No comments: