Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Counting My Blessings

It's a beautiful rainy day here which caused me to sleep in until almost 10:30! I'm not good at sleeping past 7:30 or 8:00 unless the light from the outside fools my body into thinking it's still very early. It's such a blessing to have these weeks off in the summer so that I can arrange a move like this and have these days to organize and set up. Times like this make me ashamed at the amount of internal whining I allow myself.

I'm freakin' blessed!


Here are a few pictures for your viewing enjoyment.

These first two are looking out the front door onto our massive and wonderful front porch. The school is just across the street! I imagine there'll be days on end during the school year that I don't bother using my car at all because I'm such a "homebody".

Next, a few different views of the living room. I absolutely LOVE decorating. It's the artist part of me wanting to set everything up like some sort of "still life" portrait. In fact, if any of you want help in that area, I'll work for airfare and food. :) You think I'm kidding???

And here's little "golden boy", Drew, still lazing about on Mom's bed. I'm posting this while banking on the fact that checking my blog is something he does very very rarely. This is the little arrangement I made with my high chair seat, my baby dress, a shoe, a mitten, my pink baby sweater, a favorite babydoll, and "Blue", a sort of pillow/dog who used to talk when I pulled the string at the back of his bottom.
Thanks for enduring my self-absorbed ramblings. For me, just knowing that even a few folks 0ut there give a darn about my life and are willing to lend an ear to what I have to say is incredible to me. I am TRULY BLESSED!

much love and grace,
pam


View Current Blog

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are some great pictures! It looks like a lovely home.

-- Jarred.

Iain said...

Ooh, err! Pam!

You're taking a BIIIIIIIIIIG risk posting the picture of your son on a blog ;-) I posted a much less embarrassing picture of my son Matt on Facebook and he was furious, and demanded I take it down immediately!!

Looks like you have a lovely house. It's great that you are still able to be so positive after all you've been through.

Iain

Kat said...

LOVE the house and the decor! Thanks for sharing this experience with all of us!

Curlz said...

Okay, was going to use the word lovely, but now I will have to dig out my Thesaurus...

Your home is bonny, charming, pulchritudinous - hardly sounds like a word for lovely does it?

I hope you find peace, joy and much happiness in your new home.